To develop, grow and maintain camaraderie amongst Sharks Rugby Supporters within our area.
To have fun with our family and friends.
To further the Sharks ethos and to enable supporters to attend games and events at the best possible prices
1. The club will be known as The Sharks Supporters Club Gauteng Central. It is a formal association and operates as a non-profit social organization.
2. The overall management of the Sharks Supporters Clubs will be vested in the Committee and the Chairman will communicate on behalf of the Club to the Natal Sharks (Pty) Ltd or similar representative bodies.
3. In the event of the creation of a National or Provincial Steering Committee, the club reserves the right to vote on participation therein.
4. The Club Committee will be elected every second year by the members of the club and will comprise of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, Events Co-ordinator, Chief Recruiter, Merchandiser and Public Relations Person.
5. The Club to hold monthly committee meetings and minutes of meetings to be distributed to members.
6. Powers of the committee. The committee shall have the right, on behalf of its members to:
Execute contracts on behalf of the club
Make, give receipt, release or discharge monies payable to the club and for claims and demands of the club Appoint persons to act on behalf of the club in respect of signing cheques, receipts, bills of exchange and other necessary financial transactions.
7. The Club is to operate financially independent of any other club, with the exception of shared special events, which will be jointly funded as needed by the event requirements.
8. Monthly Management Reports will be submitted to the Committee. This report should include but not be limited to the following: Financial Report
Recruitment Activity and planned activities related to recruitment
Events and Planned Events
9. Membership fees will be payable and will be reviewed annually as per attached addendum.
10. Payment of fees is to be either by cheque, cash or proof of deposit into bank account.
Membership is full calendar year from effective from March each year. A pro-rata payment will be exacted on joining.
Membership fees are renewable annually.
On joining, a member will be issued with a Membership card, and current value pack.
11. Membership Privileges Access to the Sharks Supporters Club facilities
Supporters club newsletters
Free entry to supporters facilities
Discounted rates on bus tours
Discounted entry to events with sporting greats
Access to pre-booked block tickets where and when available.
Access to supporters’ merchandise
Membership will provide access to a variety of privileges, which may change, dependant on sponsorship, on a year to year basis. None of the following are guaranteed. However, for purposes of clarity, these may include access to the following;
12. The Committee Secretary will advise the member within 2 months of renewable and due membership fees. This to be followed up by Secretary until due date and advise to Committee on renewal or termination and follow up activity of membership.
13. Recruitment of new members is extended to all Club Members under the leadership of the Recruitment Officer. Members may be requested to assist from time to time with recruitment drives. Reward system should be offered to members for recruitment. Each Club to decide on incentive programme.
14. Club Events:
The Club will host a minimum of 2 organised events for members and invitations to such events must be advertised to other Clubs. These events should include but are not limited to Bus Tour Packages to games, Family Days, Invitation of Shark Players and Executive of Sharks Team and end of year function, pub evenings, screening of matches on the big screen and Club family get-togethers.
15. Code of Conduct: Maintaining a family orientated atmosphere
Expand the Sharks Brand Positively
Preventing the public use of obscene and offensive behaviour / language
Upholding the good name and image of the club and the Sharks
All members, are representatives of the Sharks brand, name and image will at all times behave in a socially acceptable manner. Members commit to:
16. Termination of Club Committee Members:
May be voluntary or enforced by a majority vote by the Clubs Committee Members should this be deemed necessary.
17. Termination of membership : May be voluntary or enforced by a majority vote of the Club Committee due to misconduct. Any financial misconduct towards the club will be seen as an automatic termination and voting will not be necessary
18. Any new rules must be passed by a majority of meeting attendance within a quorum. A quorum shall be a minimum of 5 committee members
19. A vote of 75% of total association membership is required for the disbanding of the Association
20. Liability of members. This shall be limited to the amount of unpaid subscription or any amounts owing for food, refreshments or goods sold on behalf of the club. Members will not be liable in their personal capacity for any legal action brought against the club
21. Indemnity. Every member, officer or servant of the club shall be indemnified by the club against all costs, losses and expenses for any reason as a result of any act done in the discharge of their duties, unless this was as a result of gross negligence, dishonesty or breach of trust, and was within their scope of authority. The club will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage to property of any member. Any person becoming a member agrees to this and accepts these as the rules and conditions of the club, without exception by reason of not having seen this document
22. This constitution will, in the event of a formal agreement being approved with Sharks (Pty) Ltd, be governed by that agreement
23. The club undertakes to support, assist and provide input into any sister shark supporter clubs, if such help is requested or required.